Sunday, May 2, 2010

Love Song Sunday: Lover's Home

Happy Love Song Sunday, Internet. I've been wanting to share some Melanie Horsnell with you since I began Love Song Sunday. I really and truly have. She's the reason I got the idea in the first place.

Truth be told I've been waiting for Melanie to come to her senses and produce a video for my fave oh rite song of hers Deep Blue Sea, a song I could fall into and love forever and forever til death do we part. Or at least sing it live and record it live and post it on her youtube page just for me. Then I could share it with you and we could all just swim in our polyamory for Melanie Horsnell together and live happily ever after.  Anyway, you can listen to it on her myspace page. And you just may fall in love with all of her music as I have. She even sings in French a little, which for me, as you know, is quelle irrésistible pour cette femme. 

I've been a fan of this Aussie gal for years, don't even remember how I discovered her really. And a few years ago, I was lucky enough to catch her US tour at the Hotel Cafe in Hollywood and, man, is she totally fantastical! Melanie, if by some miracle you're reading this, do a US tour again! Juste pour moi, s'il vous plait!

This song, however, is equally delicious. And is quickly becoming a fave. It's delicate and precious and profound in a sincere and accessible way. Truly, truly lovely. And watch this and try to tell me that you don't love that soft, warm light on her face, igniting the strings of her guitar. It's dreamy and perfect and sigh.

Seriously, please enjoy:

0 comments mean you love me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...